Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 10, 2013

Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14215CXB 14-Inch Core i5 Deals

By Alejandro "Alejandro" (Illinois, USA) -
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14215CXB 14-Inch Core i5 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
THIS IS NOT THE VAIO FIT 14.
Perhaps due to some confusion on Amazon's end (or else deceptive practices) this product has been mislabeled as being the Vaio Fit 14-inch variant. This is actually the Vaio Fit E 14-inch variant. This E (basically for economy, or entry-level) means this is slightly fatter and made of matte plastic. This true Fit 14 laptop you'll find on Sony's website is a much more professional, thin aluminum-frame laptop. In truth, Sony should take some of the blame for naming two laptops made from totally different materials and components so similarly (Fit/Fit E) but I just wanted to warn anyone else before they purchase the incorrect laptop.

 By J. Rejoso - (CA)
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14215CXW 14-Inch Core i5 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Got one for my daughter last July and still waiting for Sony's fix on the built-in wi-fi. Tested it in 3mbps Manila, in 100 mbps Tokyo and in 20 mbps Houston - and it just sucks everywhere! I am seriously contemplating on buying that $22 Intel WiFi Card and request Sony Service Center to replace that horrible Broadcom wi-fi chip, or perhaps I can pay a 3rd party computer shop to do it for me. Last resort, I can probably do the replacement myself with the proper tools.

I recently bought another new laptop (Toshiba) for myself and one of the main checklist items is the built-in wifi card. Thankfully, it has an Intel card and it's simply amazing! When I saw a young lady checking a Fit 14 unit intently in a major consumer electronics store, I warned her immediately about the wi-fi issue. Of all laptop functions that may not work well, this is totally unacceptable!

Perhaps one of the most stupid opinions I heard about this issue is from a Sony Store staff who said that the wi-fi issue is probably attributable to the low-power CPUs of the newer models (but then I have already tried disabling all power saving settings of the Fit 14 and the wi-fi card itself). And he further explained that he wasn't surprised at all that a 3-year old Vaio (my daughter's older laptop) running on i3 is faster than current gen Vaio i5s or i7s in terms of wi-fi. What???

Could have been 5 stars if not for this serious defect. Looks so sleek!

By GA - (CA)
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14215CXB 14-Inch Core i5 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I had to give it one star in order to post this but it deserves a zero. I bought this at bestbuy and it does have Wi-Fi defect. I have installed every driver known to man including the new ones recommended by Sony. it will not stay connected to the internet. You have to restart the PC to get a reconnection. It is a piece of junk: Buyers beware.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét