Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF15217CXB 15.5-Inch Core i5 Deals

By W. Dietrich "WD" (Las Vegas) -
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF15217CXB 15.5-Inch Core i5 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program (What's this?)
I have used several laptops for work Dell, HP, Toshiba, and old Sony VAIOs, but I was purchasing this computer for my personal use and convenience. This is by far the easiest laptop to use.
When I opened the box, I immediately opened it and started to use the laptop. The setup and configuration time was extremely fast. I don't think it took me more than 5 minutes.
It came pre-loaded with some programs, most of which I will never use (I will replace it with similar programs I am more familiar with), but plenty of options for video, music, and social medias. See the above description for the included software.
Despite all these programs, my computer did not contain the trial for Microsoft Office as stated. This didn't bother me though because I needed to have the full, installed version anyway.

Here is a quick list of the pros and cons.

Pros:
- Touchscreen! It is simple to use and it is not too sensitive so I am not constantly making mistakes.
- Start Screen Menu looks exactly likely a smart phone. Most of your "Charms" are displayed on a single screen. They are easy to scroll through and to add shortcuts to your apps. If you prefer, you can switch to a traditional desktop and still use either touchscreen or mouse to select icons.
- The sound is the best I have ever heard built in on a laptop. You usually don't expect much with built in speakers but the sound is fairly lout and crisp
- The HD screen is very crisp and the colors are vibrant, so watching movies are really great.
- I haven't had the need to use the customer service/support, but there is an icon on the desktop that allows you to call or connect via web to the a Sony representative.
- The keyboard has a 10 key which is always a plus with me.
- When you close the laptop it immediately puts it in sleep mode. When awaking it from sleep mode, it is true that it only takes seconds to restart it from where you left off. The battery also does not drain when in sleep mode.
- Very long battery life
- 4 USB ports - 2 on each side. This is great because some laptops have the four USB ports right next to or on top of each other preventing you from using all the ports with a larger cord/base.
- Very fast processor. Download speeds are excellent.
- Fingerprints on the touchscreen are not visible with the screen on. When the screen is turned off the fingerprints visible are very minimal.

Cons:
- The laptop is moderate in weight. It is not bulky/heavy, yet it isn't lightweight either.
- The mouse pad area is too large. When typing, I occasionally swipe the palm of my hand on the mouse pad area and I lose my place.
- The mouse is something I need to get used to. I am used to the buttons on the bottom of the pad to right/left click. The mouse does not include this. I often find myself resorting to the touchscreen because I have trouble with the mouse. Also, sometimes the mouse does not recognize my double click, having to repeat multiple times to select an icon/button etc.
- The instructions included are not too detailed. The laptop itself is not too difficult to navigate so instructions may not be needed for some tech savvy people. The layout of the desktop is slightly different than how PCs normally are laid out. Again, I am unable to figure out how to left click the mouse on the desktop to get the same menus I am used to on a PC. This is the first time I used Windows 8. Although, it is basically the same, there are some changes that I myself need to get used to - no fault to Sony and this laptop.

All in all this laptop is easy to use and is great for a first laptop for anyone. This laptop however may be set up a for younger user with several programs/media options for music, video, pictures, and social mediums. Despite this, I still would recommend this product for a person of any age. My mother is in her 70s and she finds the touchscreen easier to use while she is on browsing the internet.

 By David R Hunsaker -
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF15217CXW 15.5-Inch Core i5 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
This computer has ONE major flaw......it loses internet availability all the time. The computer itself is fantastic but when it drops your internet feed every 15 minutes it becomes worthless. Do not order.....from what I know now is that most if not all Sony computers have this issue. Can't believe Sony would let something like this happen and not fix before releasing it to the public.
By Happyshopping -
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF15217CXW 15.5-Inch Core i5 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I bought this product with high anticipation.
Pros: 1. Very bright high resolution screen
2. Backlit keyboard
3. Keyboard works like wonder, really smooth and comfortable to type.
Now the cons:
1. The product I got strted trouble on the 3rd day of arrival. The screen turns dark bluish if I move it. I have to align it in one particular angle for the blue tinge to vanish!!!
2. The battery sucks... I get max around 2 to 2.5 hrs while watching videos.
3. The wireless is 'bad'.. At speedtest.net I get max download at 3-4MBPS whereas other old (dell) laptop reaches 9-11MBPS at same spot!
4. The touchpad is least responsive. You have tap really hard for it to respond. Also I had to disable two finger pinch zoom in and out because the computer always zooms when I try to scroll down using 2 fingers!!!
5. Sound is loud but often breaks a lot.
I am returning it asap..!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét