Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Sony VAIO T Series SVT13124CXS 13.3-Inch Deals

By yamaharidr -(CA)
This review is from: Sony VAIO T Series SVT13124CXS 13.3-Inch Touch Ultrabook (Silver) (Personal Computers)
Pros:
Portable
Fast
TOUCH SCREEN!
Fun to use
Multi Touch Trackpad
No heat issues..yet

Cons:
Only 2 USB Ports
No CD Drive
No Back lit Keyboard

I am a full time student, so I am on my laptop off and on all day. The SSD is VERY useful for someone who constantly turns their computer on and off. Boot times are only a few seconds long, and the computer doesn't lag at all once you unlock it. Apps are also pretty fast to load. (2-3 seconds)

I was skeptical of the i3 processor, but it has worked flawlessly so far. But after finding out that it was a 3rd gen and a dual core, I felt more secure. I usually have at least four or so tabs open at once. Loading facebook, playing videos off youtube, having multiple tabs for homework, and running couple apps, while on the charger and with full brightness. I am happy to say that I have noticed no speed problems or lag, even with multiple youtube videos playing at once and a few other tabs open too. I havnt tried any photo or video editing or 3D games, but I probably will in the near future. But to be fair, this laptop isnt made for gamers anyway. Also, I havnt experienced any heating problems yet, other than just slightly warm.

The trackpad is very easy to use, and It closely resembles that of one on a Mac Book. The multi touch is a big plus for me, for scrolling though web pages and such. But, this laptop truly shines with the touch screen. Windows 8 is basically made to be used with tablet, so I really diddnt want to upgrade unless I had a touch screen. But I will say, using Windows 8 on this touchscreen is an absolute blast! It's just plain fun to play with. Its basically like having a tablet with a full keyboard. The touch screen is by far my favorite feature, and I have had no problems with it yet.

There aren't as many ports on this laptop as I would like, but that is an easy fix. It only has 2 USB ports, and I use a wireless mouse for one and the other is switched between my phone charger and a flash drive. But, a $6 adapter thingy will add ports instantly, so that's not a big deal. Also, the no CD drive is a bit of a con, but again, those can be found on Amazon for around $30. This laptop does have a VGA port, which I use for my dual monitor. The other ultrabooks dont have one, so that was a definite plus. My last con was that there isn't a back lit keyboard, but after talking to sales representatives at Staples, they all said that the back lit keyboard was just another thing to malfunction and I should stay away from them anyway. Out of the 4 they sold recently (6 months or less), all 4 came back with keyboard problems.

I purchased this ultrabook through Staples, where it was on sale for $700 instead of the original $850. I am very happy with my purchase, and just wanted to post a review because I was having trouble finding some myself. So far, this laptop has been lighting fast and very fun to play with. I found one at a good price, jumped on it, and am happy I did so. Not to mention that my friends with the Macs can't stop playing with it :p
 By Paul Kim - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)  
This review is from: Sony VAIO T Series SVT13124CXS 13.3-Inch Touch Ultrabook (Silver) (Personal Computers)
Sony i5 Ultrabook.

I have been using an old Sony laptop from 2009, which I traded-in at Sony store.
I know that Sony's very reliable, so I decided to go with it again!
Overall I am very happy. I will make this review very concise and easy to read

LIKE's

* Design - extremely sexy, aluminum housing is a plus
* Price - great price for an ultrabook! especially because I traded-in my old laptop.
* Keyboard - very friendly arrangement, nice feel
* Trackpad - somewhat a copy of a MacBook trackpad. it's really easy to use (but you'll have to get used to it) and multi-touch gestures are convenient
* Extremely fast boot-up and shut-down
* Very light - almost feels like a feather compared to my old laptop. very portable
* Screen size - I come from a bigger-screen 15.6-inch laptop. So I was skeptical, but I find the screen size to be perfectly fine. It is not small. Good size for basic computing (no gaming, etc.)
* Small adapters make it easy to carry around

DON'T LIKES

* Battery life - while it can go for ~5 hours, the screen needs to be dimmed half way
* Screen - I am not sure why, but pictures seem too bright.
* Takes too long to sleep (under sony's rapid-wake function)
* Speakers are only decent. Nothing too fancy
* Battery is extremely difficult to remove (you need to unscrew with a coin, but it's hard to turn)

OTHER THINGS
* Only 2 USBs (fine for me, but maybe a problem for others)
* Very minimal number of peripheral ports (VGA, Ethernet, HDMI, audio, 2 USBs) - makes laptop appear simple but maybe a problem for others

Overall I am very happy with my purchase!
By A. L. C -
This review is from: Sony VAIO T Series SVT13122CXS 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Silver) (Personal Computers)
I have had multiple laptops, i had an HP with died with in 2 days after the warranty expired, then a gateway almost same thing occurred. I bough my others old sony vaio wich she used for 3 years, i have used it 1 year before buying this new sony vaio.
Its a great entry level ultrabook. I have already put in some software and apps and the computer is very responsive. I am still getting used to win8.

PROS:

Great Computer for the bucks
13.3 HD screen
+5 Hour Battery Time
Fast Boot up from shutdown and sleep
Aluminum Finish
Multitouch TrackPad (very useful one u get the hag of it)
Light to carry around
Charging Mode for USB (can charge usb hardware like smartphones even if the computer is turned off)

CONS:
Only 2 USB (3.0 and 2.0)
Speakers are weak and sound is not clear under high volume
Some bloatware installed
No MIC in or line in for video conferencing or audio ( you are stuck with included mic)

If you can live with the minor limitations this computer has, this should be a great purchase, its a fast responsive computer with great features for its price.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét