Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14218CXW 14-Inch Core i7 Deals

By Chaman -
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14218CXW 14-Inch Core i7 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
The first machine came with a problem on the LCD screen - a white line down the left part of the screen - which was promptly exchanged without much hassle.

Now I am facing an issue with the intermittent wifi connection. I lose connection for a minute every now and then. I know it is not a router problem, because I check with another machine. After reinstalling wifi drivers, the problem seemed to go away, until the day before yesterday. I have sent the machine for a checkup and have not heard back from them. I will update the review once I hear back from them.

Pro's
Instant start up. quite a fast machine (I have lots of files and pages on my browsers open, and the memory of this machine seems to handle it well.
Touchscreen is great. Though it takes some time to learn, and there are youtube help videos, once mastered, win8 does not seem to be a big deal.
the keyboard light is good and bad - in low light it is wonderful, but once it is darker, the keyboard light reflects on the screen which is a nuisance.

Cons,
Keyboard light in dark places
Machine heats up quite fast.
Wifi issue? ( i thought only the lenovo's had this problem!!!)

 By K.C. Cole (Atlanta, GA USA) -
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14218CXW 14-Inch Core i7 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program (What's this?)
First, let me say that this laptop is gorgeous. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the white color looks on this laptop. The color is more of a Pearl white and looks very elegant and gives a very good impression at first glance. This device is plastic, and not the aluminum trim model. Still, the fit and finish is superb, and definitely Sony quality. The buttons are great quality and the backlit keyboard is stunning behind the white keys. The buttons have a great feel to them, and a nice, soft click. The screen is also of great quality. Very bright with good contrast ratio. The machine is a solid piece of hardware.

The i7 processor keeps up very well when multitasking, but can become QUICKLY bogged down when making multiple downloads. I was a little surprised that the machine slowed down as much as it did, but I feel this is more a function (or limitation) of the HDD than the processor. The fan runs very quiet and minimal heat is felt from the laptop, though it does heat up pretty fast. The touchscreen also works flawlessly.

There are a few important issues with the laptop that keep it from becoming a player, in my opinion. The main issue being the touch pad on the device. The pad does not register any clicks on the right side of the pad. It does, however, register scrolling, etc. At first, I thought the pad was designed this way, until I realized after using the laptop for an hour how frustrating it was to click on the touch pad and not get a response. I did all the necessary updates, including the bios update, and even tried to reinstall the touch pad software with no success. I called Sony, spent an hour on the phone with their technician, and received no help with the issue. I'd say about 75% of the touch pad works great. The right side of the pad did not work out of the box. Another issue is battery life. I'm getting about 2.5 hours at 50% brightness with a balanced power plan. I was expecting a bit more. The WIFI has been a bit sporadic, but lately it seems to have become a bit more stable.

I guess I was expecting a bit more from a Sony laptop that retails in the $800+ range. I recently purchased a mid range Aluminum laptop for my wife that is on par with this one for hundreds less, plus the quality controls were much better on her laptop. This laptop does not include a hybrid drive, which would help speed things up a bit. My wife's laptop has a hybrid drive. I think at this price point, you can find a much better laptop that will give you better performance out of the box.

UPDATE: After spending another hour on the phone with the Sony technician, I was asked to send the Vaio in for repair. The return process is very smooth and Sony pays for overnight shipping, as well. Thanks to Sony for the good service after the initial call, though it is always a little disappointing when you have to send in a brand new device for repair. But it does happen. I will have the laptop back in 10 business days, and will update this review if the issue is not corrected.
By Jocelyn - (Uk)
This review is from: Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14218CXB 14-Inch Core i7 Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I was a bit unsure when I went to buy this computer, but now that I have it, I love it. Many of the complaints that I had read about, I googled them and found a solution for most of it and I'm really happy with this purchase. The touchscreen is awesome and I love Windows 8, yes it's confusing at first but along with the computer comes a little Windows 8 tutorial that shows you the basics. The backlit keyboard is not as bad as people say, its really helpful actualy. Also, you can fix the sensitivity of the trackpad so its not jumping all around & when people say that the right side of their trackpad doesn't work, its because that's your right clicker (the one that brings up the drop down menu)so you just have to get used to clicking on the left side when you want to select something, and if you can't get used to that, then just tap it, the touchscreen is great. I haven't had problems with my wifi, it's actually been working great. I'm super happy with my purchase, and if you have any questions about anything, you cant go wrong by googling it, or if you're thinking about buying it and haven't yet,comment on this post & ask whatever you're debating about so maybe I can help clarify.
p.s DataVision is a great company, the delivery got here sooner than expected. ALSO! I thought this was the aluminum model, but I'm really happy with the plastic model, it looks very sleek.
I would definitely recommend this Laptop to a friend.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét